1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear view camera for 2005 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by wzrd11, Aug 3, 2011.

1. wzrd11

wzrd11 New Member

I want to add a rear view camera to my 2005 Silverado. Does anyone have any recommendations. My biggest concern is where to mount the screen. Thanks!
  2. eagle71

eagle71 New Member

Your best bet is to replace the radio with one that has a video monitor and backup camera jacks. I tried various non radio types and the stink. I got my radio and camera off of Crutchfield and mounted the camera in the space just above the hitch. When you go into reverse the monitor turns on and has a fantastic image. I use it when I'm plowing snow quite a bit. One other thing the wireless camera's they sell are the worst of the bunch. I got electronic interference all the time and it was useless.
  3. Nathan Kenney

Nathan Kenney New Member

What Radio did you purchase of Crutchfield because i am putting in a brand new sound system and new deck.
  4. eagle71

eagle71 New Member

I bought the Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD. The screen is crystal clear, it has a ipod input, sd card slot, mini plug on the front for your music inputs. Great price and easy install. The best part of Crutchfield is they give you all the install instructions even how to take out you old radio.