1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Rear view mirror outside temperature display at -38F.

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by bazar01, Aug 2, 2012.

1. bazar01

bazar01 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Anybody know why the outside temp display on the rear view mirror is showing -38F on my 2001 Suburban? Issue just started yesterday afternoon. Is the temp sensor shot? If it is, where is it located? The compass still works though. I am going to call the dealer parts dept., ask for pricing and maybe they can tell me where it is.
    Thanks.

2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It is probably the sensor. I am going to guess that it is on the radiator core support on the grille side somewhere... Just a guess. That's where I have found it on other vehicles.

3. bazar01

Thanks moog, I'll check it out tonight. I looked for replacement sensors and they are only $17. Not too bad.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Thats one serious Summer cold front coming through.

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice! :rofl:

6. bazar01

LOL, not in a lifetime in deep south GA.

7. bazar01

Well, it fixed itself and showing the correct temp at 85F now. Loose connection maybe?

8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

85F? I told you it was a cold front.

9. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Hahaha awesome :rofl: