1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear View Mirror

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by blueZ71, Feb 13, 2009.

1. blueZ71

blueZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey I've got a 2000 Silverado with the compass and temp display on the rear view mirror. I've had the truck a couple months and just recently notice what looks like a hole in the mirror. I don't think it should be like this I can see a circuit board through this hole. It's on the left side. Can anyone tell me what should be there? Thanks

[​IMG]
  2. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think that is the photo sensor. It senses how much light is hitting the mirrior so it can self darken for you.
  3. bubba33

bubba33 Rockstar 100 Posts

That sounds right to me.
  4. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i have the same mirror. there is a small lense that is supposed to cover it. i know this b/c i watched mine fall out. its no big deal, it will still work
  5. willngwyn

willngwyn New Member

Our 2005 Tahoe... Has started to keep the mirrors darkened even in the day time... Would this cause it to do this? At night it seems to not be darkened unless car lights hit it...

Any ideas?

Thanks

William