Rear View Mirror

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by kgibson181, Jul 11, 2010.

1. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My truck doesn't have the mirror with outside temp etc and I am wanting to replace it with another that does. When doing so is this plug and play so to say? Are the sensors and everything already there to measure temp and gauge the cardinal directions, or would these have to be put in for the mirror to have those features?

Thanks in advance.

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I believe you will need to get the entire wiring harness for them and the sensors as well. Ive been looking into this as well.

3. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah thats what I was dreading, I was hoping for plug and play just to make it a easy swap. If I see anything about any harnesses or anything I'll get back to you

4. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yes i think you need to set up everything. I wouldnt think they would go out of their way to have that in the vehicle. For sure not in any older models

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Cool.. I know that i have to remove the headliner and follow the harness back to the sensors. I am planning on making a run to the Junk yard here before to long to get one out of a Yukon or Suburban. Being my truck is a 1998 and the older body style certain parts are easy to come by and ususaly can be had for less.. I do know that i have seen a few newer body styles like yours here in my local Junk yard so you might have some luck finding one in your Junk yard mabey? Just a thought but if you happen to come accross any new components then by all means please let me know.