1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear Wheel Anti-Lock Code 4

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Crawdaddy, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have the old rear-wheel anti-lock braking system and I have been getting a solid brake light for about a week. Yesterday I checked the codes on the RWAL controller and it kept blinking 4 or 44, definitely 4... I'm not quite sure what that means... I cleared the code but haven't driven the truck any to see if it will come back. Any wisdom to offer?
  2. Crawdaddy

bump...anyone got any help? I cleared the code out, but I still haven't driven it anywhere. Thanks
  3. Crawdaddy

Ok, drove it around for a week and a few days here and there and no code. Then, I go through a drive through today, and it came back on. I think I found my issue that causes it. When I sit in the drive-thru line, I get bored and so I creep up on people's rears and sit there. To make sure I dont move, I put the truck in neutral and push hard on the brake pedal, using one foot to apply even more pressure to the first foot. I think I'm pushing the brake pedal down so hard at that time that some sensor in the brake system goes out of its acceptable range and throws the code. It's the only link/commonality I can find that would explain this...