1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

rear window leak silveraldo

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by plumbdog, Mar 4, 2013.

1. plumbdog

plumbdog New Member

Hi

I got a 94 Chevy silveraldo 1500 extended cab , i have had the truck for 10 months and 2 weeks ago i noticed a few drips leaking inside on the rear window towards the pass. side,on the outside it has like a black weatherstrip seal i tried to sillycone it and it still leaks. i have 2 questions.

1. how can i tell if someone tampered with the seal to cause it to leak?

2. what can i put to seal the leak up?

thanks

Dog
  2. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

any window leaks may be from rust holes or the window was replaced and the installer created a rust condition by damaging the metal finish and not using the proper methods, . with a 1994 having window leak I would say it is a normal condition if your in the rust belt. the window need be removed and re installed to correct this. the metal must be perfect where the seal is.
  3. Billdo

Billdo New Member

I had the same problem and the water was coming in from the 3rd brake light on the cab.