1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

rear window leaks

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Silverado1500, Mar 7, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

i was at the car wash today and i noticed that the rear window leaks. what is the best way to fix this?

2. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

is the actuall window leaking? i found on my work truck the 3rd brake light was leaking and it was running in and looked like it was from the rear window. i took it out and cleaned around it and put some silicone around it and fixed it. just a thought

3. Silverado1500

im not sure. but water gets inside. it comes down from the rear window. but on the 2 side ones next to the window where you can slide to open it
    but i will check that light

4. Silverado003

Silverado003 New Member

That happened to me too, I put scotch tape around the glass in the cab i i seal it with black silicone , the problem end
    very importan : 1- scotch tape
    2- pass the finger just 1 time
    3-dont wait to silicone dry to take off the tape.
    Good luck

5. Silverado003

Silverado003 New Member

ah I forgot the 3rd brake light also seal it.

6. Silverado1500

thanks for the help. ill probably work on it this weekend

7. rjohnson67

rjohnson67 New Member

I remember I though I had water coming in through my rear window but it was actually the 3rd brake light. I used silicone to seal it up.