1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear window or tailgate leak in 2000 S10 blazer

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by estrom, Feb 14, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. estrom

estrom New Member

This is the year of the leak. First our suburban, now my daughter's S10 blazer. The carpet in the back is wet after our last rain. It's a 2 door and is 2wd, so no spare tire rack issue on the back that could be leaking. Anybody experience this before and have any pointers of where to look first? Thanks!
  2. Dana W

Dana W Member 100 Posts

Oh, yes. My '99 Burb had the wet carpet issue. I replaced the barn door gaskets with the LMCtruck.com set. Still wet. Turned out to be debris clogging the drain holes under the rear air vents back of the rear windows, over the tail lights.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You may want to check the third brake light if it has one. I have seen the gaskets go bad and cause a leak.
  4. estrom

estrom New Member

Good thought Pikey. I'll be sure to check that out.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I had a 2000 S10 Blazer a few months back I was trying to flip that had the same issue, ended up being both the the third brake light and all the seals on the top and bottom gates.
    LMC had all the parts to repair and it only took an afternoon.