1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear window replacement questions

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by kbonanny, Apr 15, 2014.

1. kbonanny

kbonanny New Member

I had a ratchet strap get between the box & cab of my truck (on the highway) and the end of the strap wrapped around the driveshaft, destroying my rear wind & beating the hell out of my exhaust. I've never replaced front or rear windows, and would greatly appreciate the necessary information on how to remove & replace the rear window. I always wanted a sliding rear window, and now I have no choice as I have to replace the broken original one. I need to know what adhesive it used to install this, if any. I also need to know how to remove one from a donor truck without breaking it. Being disabled SUCKS, so I have to save every cent I possibly can when I can.
    I greatly appreciate any & all information. I am an ASE Certified Master Auto Tech even though I have not been able to work since Jan '04. I still stay very up to dat with today's technology with the hopes of one day being able to productively work again.
    Thanks for your time, Kirk Bonanny.