1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear wiper arm replacement

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Jay57NJ, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Jay57NJ

Jay57NJ New Member

Help!

I have a '98 Tahoe with a rear wiper on the back window. The wiper won't clear the glass surface, so I bought a new wiper arm.

Does anyone know how to remove the old arm? Do you have a GM or Haines Tech manual that tells you how?

Many thanks!

=Jay
  2. z71silverado04

z71silverado04 New Member

Rear Window Wiper Arm Replacement
    Removal Procedure

Disconnect the washer hose.

Lift the wiper arm from the windshield.
    Disengage the retaining latch with a screwdriver.

Disengage the washer hose and grommet from the liftglass.
    Remove the wiper arm from the wiper motor drive shaft.
    sorry it had pictures when i copied it
    Chevy parts
  3. DeputyDave

DeputyDave New Member

OK this the closest I could find after doing a search, On my 2003 Yukon XL where do add washer fluid for my rear wiper? Do I need to pull off my rear hatch panel I just can't find the reservoir
  4. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member 100 Posts

your rear wiper feeds off of your main reservoir in the engine compartment .. if you are not getting any fluid to the back take a look on the driver side in the engine compartment there is a T joint tube that joins the rear to the front ..sometimes it comes off .
  5. DeputyDave

DeputyDave New Member

Well if thats not the goofist thing ??? if the hose had a leak then my tank would drain, I don't have that issue my front sprayers work fine. OK so where is the pump is it trying to push fluid some 20 plus feet or is it drafting it 20 plus feet?