1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

rear wiper on suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by wmorris11, Oct 5, 2012.

1. wmorris11

wmorris11 New Member

Anyone have a problem with the rear wiper not working until you depress the glass opening latch?
    Mine will not work unless I play with the switch. Is there an adjustment that I can make?
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

on my 03 I had the same issue. It would only work sometimes. I had to play with the switch. Sometimes it got stuck in between the glass and the body. I never figured out what was wrong with it. I suspected the motor because if I pressed the switch in to spray it would spray but not move.
  3. Purview

Purview New Member

I had trouble with mine also. I have an 01 Yukon XL with a rear hatch.
    It would only work intermittently.

I pulled the rear panel and everything looked like new. After doing some reading I found that others with the same problem had traced it to a weak ground. There were a couple of solutions offered having to do with adding a grounding strap and some discussion of a grounding point hidden behind and above the passenger side rear wheel.

I find that if I make sure to slam the hatch closed with a little more than the usual force it works well from that point onwards but obviously the fix mentioned above would be better. Sorry I can't direct you to a link but some furious Googling should get you there.

By the way .. Hello everyone.. This is my first post here.
  4. Pikey

Thanks for the information [MENTION=57843]Purview[/MENTION] . Welcome to GMTC. Great first post
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

That's because he's Canadian, :rofl::rofl::rofl:
  6. Purview

Purview New Member

Let's keep the Canadian thing quiet. Don't let on how special we are...AND don't EVER let them know how many secrets we know.. OK ?
  7. Pikey

Nice Guys!! My wife and I have a running joke for the last few years. We blame everything on Canadians. Of course it is all in fun. She has Canadian family members and they seem to find it very funny. It all stemmed from a person from Ontario almost running us both over in a parking lot. (I literally landed on the hood of the car) We have a lot of Canadian traffic near us. Apparently, the groceries and gas near me is a lot cheaper than in Canada. We have a huge outlet mall near us and the parking lot is 40% ontario plates. I am about 45 minutes from 2 major crossings into Canada. I have a friend that has a cottage on Georgian bay. He buys Mobile 1 for one neighbor and takes it to him. He also has a neighbor up there that is a roofer and he takes him roofing nails. He can get him 3 times the amount of nails from here for the same amount of money.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  8. Purview

Purview New Member

Ok.. some our new Canadians suck as drivers. I won't diss that.
    We do have a lot of new immigrants.
    I hope they did not scream " Die Yankee Die" as they tried to run you over. That would suck.
  9. Pikey

Nope! she did not. I don't think that she knew I was there until I was on the hood
  10. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

I'm about 60 miles from a US crossing, go there any weekend and the malls are 40 to 50% New Brunswick plates (heck, if you want to meet some old friends, go to the US for a couple of hours).

Not everything is cheaper, but gas and auto supplies usually are. Gas is around $5.00 per US gal, we buy it when we are in Maine for less than $4. Tires (made in Canada) are around 30% less in Maine.

Blame it on Canadian taxes.