1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rebuilding the front suspension of my 1990 Silverado ?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by JTWard, Nov 15, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 100 Posts

Has anyone ever replaced all of the front end bushings, I bought LCM polyurethane kit 34-0272 for my 1990 1/2 ton Silverado as it was advertised as having Teflon infused in the polyurethane bushings . I'm just about completed the restoration project, I've installed a slightly over-sized front stabilizer bar, ( the heavy duty GM bar is 1 1/4 and I bought one from summit at half the price that's 1 5/16, and I have put one on the back that's 1 1/4 diameter. I have all new springs at every corner so I think I'll feel more comfortable towing heavy loads. While up front, I replace the stabilizer bar end links bushings and the Monroe Sensi-trac shock bushings as well. What has been your experience ??? Thank you !
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I did it on my 95, it was not that bad getting the old ones out. I just used a clamp and 2 very large sockets to press them in and out. While pressing them out they did not want to move so it took a little heat from a torch. Then they slid right out.
    1 person likes this.