1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

recall 08 silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by johnannette, Nov 20, 2009.

1. johnannette

johnannette New Member

hello all i have a 08 silverado just got a recall letter in the mail.it says and electronic componet under the seat may corrode they call it the electronic sensing and diagnost module.so if you have a 08 silverado watch for this called the dealer they say about one hour to fix hope this info helps will post again when repaire complete.
  2. XS ive

XS ive New Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be looking for the mailing!
  3. TMRuiz

TMRuiz New Member

I wonder if that recall is for the 07NBS also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. TMRuiz

TMRuiz New Member

I just got off the phone with my dealership and they ran my VIN and confirmed NO recalls for my truck. I guess I should called before I posted that last message.[​IMG] They did tell me that the recall is VIN number specific so you might want to Check with your local dealer. Hope this helps...........
  5. Greg84

Greg84 New Member

I got the same letter in the mail a few weeks ago for my '09 too.
  6. TomsHHR

TomsHHR New Member ROTM Winner

My 09 Also
  7. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have an 08 and never got the letter, so looks like I am going to give them a call (better safe than sorry!).
  8. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.
  9. eyegore

eyegore New Member

Got one for my '07 NBS. A BS to the dealer who said an hour to fix. 5 min. that's all!!! What they do is move your driver seat all the way forward or back and rip a hunk of padding out from under the floor mat. What they are saying is that if the padding or insulation gets wet, then there is the chance the sensing module will malfunction. Easy for you to do but it would be a good idea to have the dealer do it so there is a record. No charge so don't get BS'd on that either.
  10. Shooter

Shooter New Member

I agree, I had mine done last week when I first got the letter. It took the guys in the back less than ten minutes to do it.
    Just so everyone knows, you NEVER have to pay ANYTHING for a recall. It does not matter if your the first owner or not. It is to save GM, Ford, Dodge, etc.. money in law suits, otherwise they would not even bother to tell us about them. So if anyone ever tries to charge you to have one completed just call the maker, Chevy..etc. They will make sure the dealer takes care of it for you at no cost to you.
    This one can cause your air bag to deploy (from what I have read), so it is a good one to get taken care of ASAP. I cant imagine doing 65 down the highway and having my airbag blow up on me.:gasp:It would sure ruin your day in a hurry.