1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Recalls: Avalanche, Silverado, Sierra, Tahoe and Yukon Recal

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by ChevyFan, Jan 8, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This is an old recall, just thought I would post it.

WASHINGTON (AP) - Problems with the antilock brake system are behind the decision by General Motors to recall about 800,000 SUVs and pickups in 14 northern states.

Road grime causing corrosion to a plastic ABS sensor cover is blamed for more than 200 low-speed crashes.

The recall involves 1999 through 2002 model years of the Chevy Avalanche, Silverado and Tahoe, along with the GMC Sierra, Yukon and Yukon XL.

In a separate move, Hyundai has issued a recall of about 36,000 2006 Sonata sedans because of problems with the driver's seat belt getting caught up with a knob used to recline the front seat.

And the government has announced an investigation of the 2002 Jeep Liberty amid complaints about problems latching the seat belt buckle.

2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Re: Recalls: Avalanche, Silverado, Sierra, Tahoe and Yukon R

I actually experienced that problem just before we had the recall done. It's pretty freaky having the ABS kick in when you're slowing down from 25mph, or at least trying to :shock:

3. robotic_t

robotic_t New Member

ABS Kickin IN When slowing down

Had this happen in the work van (03 Safari AWD 4.3 V6 White [call it a toaster cause its a cargo , no side windows]) traced problem to the feedback from the wheel speed sensors replaced one side and it go better replaced the other side and its gone for now. Kinda an erie feeling getting launched into a intersection when your tryin to stop.

4. BillH

BillH New Member

2001 lt

I have always thought my ABS was kicking in to soon at low speeds. I will hit the dealership this week and ask about it.

thanks,

Bill.

1 person likes this.
  5. BillH

BillH New Member

Do you know if the recall is # 04094 ?

Bill

6. bob_w

bob_w New Member

ABS Premature

I took my 01 'Burban (K1500) to the dealer with the pulsing brake complaint in late '04. They said the sensors were shot. Replaced them and it still did it so I took it back. Then they re-surfaced the rotors. Same thing. They said it was 1 little rust spot and they took them down to the minimum thickness. It went away. 1 year later I had the brakes checked and (you guessed it) all 4 rotors were undersize. I replaced all 4. When I got the recall, I sent them the whole bill. They only paid for the sensors. I called & complained that when the sensors were replaced the problem was still there. No good. I called and complained further up the GM chain - still no budge. I filed a complaint with the NHSTA. The I went to an after-market shop and got pads with a life-time warranty and rotors that were 1/2 the cost.

7. JimAlfonse

JimAlfonse New Member

Recall didn't take

Hi,
    I had the ABS brake symptoms in late 2006. I took it to the dealer and they fixed it under the recall. Being the original owner I should have been notified ???
    This summer I've been having the same symptoms again. Has anyone had a repeat of the ABS symptoms after recall repairs? Right now it looks like I'm going to have to replace the ABS sensor on one or both sides. I hate it when that happens.

Jim Alfonse
    2001 Sierra