Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Recomended upgrades or mods

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by fireman1317, May 7, 2010.

1. fireman1317

fireman1317 New Member

So to be honest, I thought I was going to be getting a Dodge with a 5.9L Cummins. Well the chips landed were they did and I'm now the proud owner of the truck in my sig. I really love the truck, but to be honest I just don't know as much about a Chevy gaser as I do a Dodge Cummis. So with Cummins there were certain upgrades or changes that were suggested to be done to the truck. Almost must do's. Are there any most do's with the new body style Chevy's with the 5.3?

Thanks

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016: To the G.M Family.......The 5.3 Liter you have is a Great Engine, with that being said and Depending on your budget.......There are the 3 Bolt-On's that just about everyone does....CAI,Headers and Cat Back Exhaust......After that a Tune either Hand-Held or Custom.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  3. fireman1317

fireman1317 New Member

OK I did a search, but what does CAI stand for?

Also, I know I want to do a leveling kit, but I figure it won't look good unless I do tires and maybe new wheels. Of course my truck cam with new tires, so I realy don't want to throw money and new tires since I don't need them.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It stand for Cold Air Intake.

5. Farmerdave

Farmerdave Rockstar 100 Posts

CAI is Cold Air Intake.

6. Farmerdave

Farmerdave Rockstar 100 Posts

Ha Ha Priceless.

7. fireman1317

fireman1317 New Member

AHHH, Thanks guys

8. 99'HEARTBEAT

On the leveling kit......The member's with 4x4's will give you some input on that.....What size Rims & Tires came with your Truck??

9. fireman1317

fireman1317 New Member

I'll have to check the tires for the size, but I know the wheels are 18"

10. jamesdeanj

jamesdeanj Member

Which is usually inaccurate. Most CAI don't pull all that much cold air, most are open chambers right into the engine compartment. I know they usually have a heat shield, but that doesn't stop any air from going right around it. Some truly pull "cold" air from outside. We really should start categorizing them as CAI and STR (Silencer Tube Removal) or ISR (Intake Silencer Removal).

Anyhow most get their increase simply by higher airflow.