1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Recommend me some nerf bars

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by McClintoc, Aug 21, 2013.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I am running larger tires that raise my truck almost 2 inces from stock and in the near future I'm going to put a 2" leveling kit in the front, thus I'm starting to look at adding some nerf bars to my truck. I have a 2001 Silverado ECSB and I am looking for some wheel-to-wheel step bars that will put a step under the door, a step under the extended cab and a step under the bed just infront of the rear wheels. What are some good brands? I'd like to avoid cheap but don't want super expensive either. Also, I can't decide if I want all chrome or all black as my truck has a lot of 2-tone black/chrome on it. Any ideas? Thanks!
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You fit 4" taller tires without a level/lift??

Sounds like you need to look at Go Rhino's Dominator III's
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Maybe I did my math wrong. The tires are 2" taller so they would raise my truck 1" from stock.

I saw those Go Rhino Dominator IIIs in the little bit of searching I've done. I am looking for something cheaper.
  5. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Haha. Sounds much better.

Only way to get cheaper than that is used. I sold my dominator II's for cheap on another forum. Maybe check aroun on Craigslist.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Check the vendors at Traders Village, Ive found some great deals on Nerf bars and other truck parts out there.
  7. truc.karl

truc.karl New Member

Try to check out these brand/design options for a wheel-to-wheel side step - http://4wheelonline.com/Wheel_to_Wheel_Nerf_Bars.202901. The Go Rhino, Nfab and Tough Country are just some styles that offer a step near the truck bed. And I personally like those black powdercoated ones for a more durable finish. Hope this can help.