Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Recommended brands for mods

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TBCCHEVY, Aug 30, 2011.

1. TBCCHEVY

TBCCHEVY Member

Hey Guys I'll have my 2011 Chevy Silverado Lt/Z71 in 3 weeks when I'm back home from work...and I'm going to start modding it right away like I did with my other Chevy...What are some recommended Bull bars(black one's), Bumpers, fender flares? If you could post a link too that would be awesome...The trucks black so going go with black everything....oh and K&N CAI good enough too?

Cheers!!

-Matt.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Matt. When you say bumpers, do you mean winch bumpers?

3. TBCCHEVY

TBCCHEVY Member

Thanks!, and sorry I meant rear bumper

4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

x2 on Bushwacker flares

6. TBCCHEVY

TBCCHEVY Member

Cheers! thanks guys!

7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Vincennes02261897, a member here installed a Ranch Hand rear bumper....you can check out his pics on his profile page.
    http://www.ranchhand.com/

Also, I've never had K&N but they get great feedback here. Other ones with great reputations on this site are Volant and Banks, so you may want to check them out as well.

And finally, I do like the westin stuff as well and both the nerf bars and brush guard....you can see both pictured in my sig and on my profile page.

Have fun and Good Luck!!!

8. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Smittybuilt make good Black "gloss" bull bar's and at a good price that's what i have on my truck i only paid like $140 for it on sale. Try this website out www.autoanything.com and at check out enter codes for discounts and not to mention Free Shipping on any order!

9. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Yes. I love my Ranchhand rear bumper and it's extremely solid! I got rear ended (lightly) at the gas station the other day and it did absolutely NOTHING. Plus, I think it looks cool (but that's an opinion issue).

As for CAIs, I've heard some wonderful things about Volant. There are several Youtube videos on this particular CAI and there are plenty of members around GMTC who have purchased them and loved the results.

Like others have mentioned, Bushwaker comes in with the win on fender flares. They look great and hold up quite well. I've personally known several people who have purchased and installed them with complete happiness.

Best of luck!

10. TBCCHEVY

TBCCHEVY Member

Thanks for all the responses! Are the bull bars just bolt on? no drilling holes or anything like that? Same with the fender flares..do you need to drill holes? I wish I could order from autoanything but duty would be pretty big to Canada I think...Gonna check out my parts store when I get back home. Also what kind of gains do you get from the Airraid TBC on the 5.3L?

Cheers