1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Recon cab lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by groceryman, Sep 25, 2011.

1. groceryman

groceryman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Just won a set of new Recon smoked cab light on ebay they are for the o7 to 2011 model silverado but i think they will look good on my 2500 HD now i just gotta see about gettin them installed really dont want to drill holes in my roof. Going by a local body shop tomarrow to get a price on the install.
  2. ChevyHD

ChevyHD Rockstar 100 Posts

When I took mine in, they quoted me around a hundred. I had my gf take it because I was in the field. Showed up to pay a 212 dollar bill. Boy I was furious! Only paid 100 dollars though lol. Ive helped my buddy do his since and it isnt bad if you take your time.
  3. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Man that is WAY too high $212 for install even though you only paid a $100? A guy i know really well would still do it cheaper than $100 lol but i also got the Recon smoked cab roof lights and i also bought the wiring for it seperate to fit my 2008 silverado it was like $30 for the wiring just havent installed them yet plan on getting them installed at same time as i get my headlight and tailights smoked.
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Just thought id let yall know... my little brother has been trying to get a set of cab lights on his 01 ford excursion and finally found a good deal at ranch hand. i kid you not. hes always going there looking for stuff and asking me for help so i think he has kind of got the staff there "cool" with him. well he was asking about cab light installs and found out ranch hand sells recon led cab lights. i took this to note seeing that ive always wanted a set but didnt have the time to do it myself due to work and school... i told him to negotiate with them and see what they would charge for 2 trucks at once and believe it or not it worked! the guy said he would do both of our vehicles -1 hour of labor ($420 total) so we get the kit for 100 and install for 110. i do most of my stuff myself but i think its a grand deal and im willing to put my money down for it. he already set up appts. for our trucks sooo just waiting for october 8th! :) im am getting the 07-11 on my 2000 silverado ( i think it looks better than my style)
    post some pics when you get yours done!
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah man no doubt my buddy can prob install mine for around $100 all together for tinting my head lights and tail lights along with installing the recon cab lights. I might have to send the smoked tint back since i bought the blackouts on accident instead of the light smoke or dark smoke since it want take much to make my lights dark since they are already black just have clear lens on outside.
  6. jnasprings

jnasprings New Member

I def want to get a set of recon lights for my 2011 Silverado. You should post a few pics after they get done.
  7. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah it will prob be sometime next month or so before i get mine put on but i will def. post some pics!
  8. groceryman

Cab lights.jpg Just picked truck up from having cab lights installed ill post some night time pics asap
  9. groceryman

cab lights night.jpg Night time pic
  10. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Now those look awesome man, they look like they belong on there :money: