GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Recon LED Tail Light Issue -- 2011 Silverado

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by 2011laserblue, May 3, 2013.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Hey guys,

Well....this morning my tail lights showed up at my front door and I couldn't have been more excited

[​IMG]

I think they'll look nice on my truck....when I can get them figured out (pay no attention to the pink MacBook and People Magazine...not mine :lol:)

So here's the issue:

Took off the stock light and when I went to put the Recon's in....they wouldn't fit. I checked my order summary to make sure I did not accidentally order the lights for dually's, and my order sheet indicates that I did not.

I did however notice that my order sheet said that my lights were for a GMC Sierra...but I didn't think twice about that when I ordered because I was under the impression that they were the same size. Did I order the wrong light?

I'm going to try again tomorrow and take pictures so you guys can see the problem...but to put it simply, the holes don't line up.

I also planned on giving Recon a call tomorrow to see what's going on, but I figured I would get some opinions on here as well....

Any Silverado guys run the Recon LED tail lights and have an installation issue??

Thanks fellas,

LaserBlue

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out I ordered the wrong ones :neutral:

Got confused with how they listed their products on the website...ended up ordering the lights for a Sierra. Have new ones on the way, pics will be posted!
  2. RadoRage

RadoRage New Member

Hey, quick question, I ordered part #264175Bk smoked taillights yesterday (loos very similar to yours) and they're in the mial already (YAY!). Did you order these too? Hopefully I got the right ones. It is a little confusing on their site (especially when they say 07-13 but then exclued a model year or style for whatever reason).

Did you get the 3rd break light too? I got the tails, 3rd break light, and the led reverse for 440 with one of those online coupons floating around.