1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

recon projector headlights????

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 4.8chevysilverado07, Aug 2, 2010.

1. 4.8chevysilverado07

4.8chevysilverado07 Rockstar 100 Posts

OK I just put some recon lights on my truck and the bulbs suck now I was wondering what would be btter h.i.d. lights or the xeon lights or i have also seen some h.i.d. xeon kits too but I don't know which is best any ideas????
  2. NCN8ive

NCN8ive Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm wanting to do this to my truck too. When I do I'll probably go with HIDs, at least eventually. As to which is better, I think that's more of a personal preference thing. I do have a couple questions about yours. Did you get the chrome or black projectors? How difficult was the install and what all did you have to do?
  3. 4.8chevysilverado07

I got the black ones and.the only problem with putting them on is you have to take off the side panels of the bumper but other than that's its like 3 or 4 bolts on the light and problems with the light are that on mine the l.e.d. lights are goin out and the halo is not really bright if the headlights are on
  4. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I'm actually lookin into a pair of these for my Sierra, but have reservations about it after problems with upgrading my wife's car. We installed projectors on her Cobalt and had a helluva time gettin them adjusted. They came outta the box pointed down and to the left, and it took a couple of hours tryin to adjust the stupid things. Needless to say, I'm somewhat hesitant about doing Projectors on the truck. Didja have to adjust them (if so, difficult?), or were they G2G outta the box?
  5. 4.8chevysilverado07

They came ready to go when I got em
  6. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah i also have Eagle Eye projector headlight's and the halo's are really bright and they also came adjusted these costed me $390 bucks but they are top of the line. I also have the Black L.E.D. tailights and third brake light to match. I have heard that H.i.d.s and projector's will get too hot and melt the plastic inside the headlight. I was thinking about using the Xeon bulb's instead i had them on my stock headlight's and were a crisp blue tint and i liked them for only $50 i paid.
  7. chevy.guy07

chevy.guy07 New Member

I agree with Rockstarrchevy81 , I also recently installed the same headlights, and driving on I-10 to Texas, I had 18 wheel rigs flashing me when I had the brights on, they are amazing! night piercing sweetness lol. If an 18wheeler across a median and about 4 lanes of traffic is flashing me to put my low beams on, that's sweet lol! They not only look bad ass, but they are very functional. :)