1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

RECON Projector Headlights

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Drake_korthos, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Hey ya'll! Figured I'd post some photo's of the install process of the new headlights and a shot of the finished product. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Headlights look awesome!!,thanks for the pics!
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I absolutely love the one piece headlights, and they look even better in the projector style! The cutoff pattern is really nice too, I ran PIAA extreme white bulbs in mine and am happy with them. What type of bulbs are you running in yours?
  4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those look great. I like the blue look in the bulbs and the blacked-out housing. Any pics at night? How do you like the lights when driving?
  5. Drake_korthos

I replaced the Halogen bulbs the lights came with Recon's Xenon diamond whites (4,600 kelvin), look a little sharper than the halogens IMO.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Still have some tweaking to do to finalize the headlights before I take the night shot. In the process of installation, one of the filimints in a xenon bulb broke (awaiting replacement), and due to time constraints, wasn't able to properly calibrate the lights before headin home (9 hour drive). Even with the slightly skewed placement, they were very sharp! I like how the projectors focused the light better than the standard housing! As soon as the new bulbs arrive and I correct the alignment (and mother nature cooperates with the weather) I'll post some night pics. Want the truck lookin right before I show her off properly!
  6. Als09Sierra

Can't wait. Good luck with the new bulbs. Any plan to put HIDs in?
  7. Drake_korthos

Haven't really thought about it, but with all the problems I had with the installation I'd rather not mess with em too much after I finally get that last xenon bulb in.
  8. Drake_korthos

UPDATE:
    Due to my impatience, I ordered the wrong size bulbs from RECON. Had to submit a new order with the proper bulbs:grrrrrr::sign0017: . Now as soon as the PROPER bulbs get in, I'll replace them and take those night shots! Trying to get this taken care of before my vacation next week, so we'll see if RECON can deliver before Monday!
  9. Als09Sierra

Happens to the best of us. Good luck. Can't wait to see the pics.