1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Recon Roof Lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 2011laserblue, Dec 13, 2011.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Hey all,

Well, I was thinking my truck needs a little something to spice it up a little bit and I was thinking some black roof lights from recon. Anyone have them and had any problems with leaking? Just kind of scares me to drill holes in my roof!

Here's the truck now, with some black recons like these.....what do you think?? Thanks guys!

http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?...BK-SMOKED-Cab-Lights-Chevy-GMC-07-12&p_cat=30

[​IMG]
  2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

i have never heard a complaint aesthetically speaking from these lights... i have them and they are awesome :)
    i got mine installed by ranch hand for about $180.00 including the lights, no leaks found yet!
  3. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

I personally say DO IT man! That would look absolutely awesome when your driving at night, would make your truck look even better.

P.S. Kind of off topic, but your truck is the truck of my dream. Before I saw it around the forum, I wanted a laser blue ext cab, lifted, with black&chrome wheels. Not even joking. It's kind of weird! lol AWESOME TRUCK MAN!
  4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts

I've personally known a hand full of folks who have installed these or who have had them installed. Never heard of any of them having a problem. There is at least one user around GMTC who has installed them as well. If I remember correctly, he was happy with the finished product. On a personal level, I think they look sick! Give it a go and post your experience. Maybe even take pictures along the way (if you do it yourself) and post a How-To. That would be awesome!
  5. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Well, I ordered them! Can't wait to see what they look like...I'll keep you guys posted!

Also, thank you for the comments on my truck, and the information!
  6. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts

7. CustomTruckParts

CustomTruckParts New Member

As long as they are properly installed and sealed, you won’t have problems with leaking. Recon also has L.E.D. Third Brake Lights that would look amazing on your truck.
  8. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

9. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

Do it. I'm looking at the exact same lights for mine. Then again, I'm looking at a lot for mine. I'm starting to lean toward some of the less expensive aesthetic things like this while I get the money together for the big stuff.
  10. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

Get the cab lights and tow mirrors. I'm gunna do the lights myself as soon as I find them for a good price