1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Recon Xenon Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by CornhuskerChevy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. CornhuskerChevy

CornhuskerChevy Rockstar

Was lookin through my new Truckin' today and saw the new Recon Xenon bulbs. Anyone have expirience with them? It sounds like they are simply plug and play applications, no new balasts or anything like with the fancier HID kits, and they still look like they stay fairly white (i hate the blue bulbs). Any info would be awesome!
  2. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I know this Post is VERY late, but I just wanted to give you some info about those bulbs. I just bought the Diamond White bulbs from Recon, and they are a direct replacement for the stock halogen bulbs. Just had to pull the old bulbs out, and place the new ones in! The bulb IS blue in color, but when they're lit up they are white. I accidentaly busted the filiment on on of the xenon bulbs during installation of the new headlights, and had to order another pair. As soon as the new bulbs are in, and I get Betty cleaned up I'll take some night shots to show ya'll how they look!
  3. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

They are prob the same as halogen bulb's and might be slightly different but either way they should be better than factory bulb's for sure.