1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

reconnection standstill

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by cliff19860, Feb 24, 2008.

1. cliff19860

cliff19860 New Member

Howdy all,
    I bought a 1990 Suburban recently with no engine or transmission. I have installed a new engine and transmission. My problem is I have no roadmap or guide to reconnectng all of the wiring, emission control equipment, vacuum lines, accessory brackets, etc. Does anyone out there have detailed pictures, or links to sites with pictures, of the engine bay. All of the conventional manuals (Haynes, Chilton, etc.) are woefully inadequate in guiding this extensive reconnection process.
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Your best bet is a "stare and compare" situation. Make friends with someone that has a similar truck and park it next to yours. You can then stare and compare for those connections that you can't figure out on your own. Good luck, and document the info and post it here so that all can benefit from your experience.
  3. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I can post a pic of my 89's engine bay, if u want
    or, you can try www.autozone.com, click on repair info, you can find diagrams there too
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  4. trenchwarfare

trenchwarfare Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 2wd 350 in my 90. I could take some pics, but it may take a little bit.
  5. cliff19860

cliff19860 New Member

It would be really cool if you could post those pics- and helpfuf as well.
  6. cliff19860

cliff19860 New Member

Any pictures probably would be helpful. Thanks to all who have replied!
  7. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i have found the Pick-n-pull university is worth the $2 cost on these issues. i look at a few of the same type vehicle and write notes and take a few picks if there is no one around (cell phones have made it easier) other than that a good chevy service manual is worth the $30 as well....mike