Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Red Dot Scopes...

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by sstoner911, Jun 23, 2011.

1. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have mainly owned handguns and never had a need for a scope, however, I just recently picked up a HiPoint .45 carbine.

I want to get a red dot scope and wanted to see if the BSA optics was a good one or alternatives etc.....

2. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

are you looking for a magnified scoper or more of a reflex?? i have an Aimpoint Comp M2 on my AR-15 and i love it, its the same thing as a M68 in the military world, and i had one on my M4 when i was in. pretty durable and the battery lasts forever the only down fall is they are a little expensive

3. sstoner911

I am really a novice when it comes to scopes....I like the Aimpoint stuff but I would hate to spend more on my scope than I did for the gun! I got the HiPoint for something inexpensive to plunk around with.

4. sgtsjj

BSA does make good stuff also, id just look around and find one you are comfortable with, a lot of people like the reflex style(if you play COD its the red dot in multiplayer) i understand not wanting to pay more money on a scope than you did for the rifle. but ive also said a good scope usually costs more than a rifle, which that has changed in the recent years with the quality of the scopes going up. Bushnell and Barska make some pretty good ones too

5. sstoner911

I bought a inexpensive one from Walmart(tasco). Whats the easiest way to zero them in? And how fine are the 2 adjustments on the scope... I have one on the side and one on the top.

6. sgtsjj

umm it should say on the package but it should be 1 M.O.A. how far are you wanting to zero the weapon for? it start at 25 yards, and get a nice tight zero, just by playing with the scope as you zero it you should be able to tell how many clicks will move it, every brand is a little different so im not to sure on the exact incriments of yours. the first round or two you fire at the target you will be able to see where its hitting, but if you want to cheat at it you could always go out and find a bore sight

7. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

So are you wanting magnification? Or simply a holographic site? I have an EOTech and it's been great. For a quality budget holo-site look at Bushnell.

8. sstoner911

Ok, I guess I need to get it out put some rounds through it and see where its at! I have had it for a few months and its just been sitting in the gun safe collecting dust! Thanks for your help.

9. sgtsjj

Let us know how it shoots!

10. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

i just bought a tru glow red dot scope last night from a buddy. got it put on the gun but haven't shot anything with it. i gave $20 for it and i think he said he gave $40 for it. first red dot scope i've had but seem pretty sweet!