Reduce Power

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by grantahoe, Feb 26, 2007.

1. grantahoe

grantahoe New Member

2004 Tahoe

Engine Light Reduce Power Message and Disengaged Stabilty Traction Message.
    Diconnect Battery No Trouble. Any Ideas!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2007
  2. jackie

jackie New Member

Reduced Engine Power

I drive a 2003 Chevy Tahoe and "Reduce Engine Power" came across my screen for the first time yesterday morning. So I caught the bus to work when I got home I started the truck up and it did not return I rushed the truck to have the oil changed and all the fluids changed or topped off and when I left the truck was running just fine, but again this morning same message "Reduce Engine Power" I allowed the truck to run for about 6-7 minutes and noticed that the truck was idling to about 3 and would drop back down to the line between 0-1 and it continued for about another 4 minutes and I turned the truck off and started and the message was gone again...Please help me

3. oneforspawn

oneforspawn New Member

I drive a 2002 avalanche and I have been getting that "reduced engine power" message along with my traction control button turning on. It happened to me about 2 months ago and then it went away so I ignored it. Its coming up again and I am not sure what is the problem. Someone told me the computer might have to be reprogrammed or sumthing. I will be doing this tomorrow and then I will let you guys know what happens. Also, let me know what you guys find out please. :neutral: