1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Reduced engine power

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by stuntworks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. stuntworks

stuntworks New Member

i have a 06 vortec max, and the check engine of death came on and "reduced engine power" shows up, so i ran my decoder and came up with the code for the MAP sensor. so i change it, check engine went away and drove 100% after that for about 4 weeks. well one morning i went out when it was -30 and started it (was plugged in all night) and the check engine light came back on and "reduced engine power" came back on. so i ran my decoder again and same code came up. then i shut the truck off. let it sit for a few min. started it back up normal and away she went...... BUT the ABS and the emergancy break light came on and "service break system" came on the display. :grrrrrr: so i let it warm up. drove to work. then shut it off. let sit for a few mins then started it back up and everything was normal. any thoughts???
  2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

The extreme cold might be throwing codes because the sensors are getting frozen... But that's just my thought process...
  3. tmcroc24

tmcroc24 New Member

my 07 NBS 5.3 has been doing the same thing only the code in getting is for the pedals, first the dealership found a loose ground, and it was fixed for 3 months and now its doing it again, and now they said it was a corroded connector. i dnt know if this helps.