1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Refinishing or new wheels?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by KyleZ71, Dec 17, 2012.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

the one problem, like said before, is the two tone of the truck, I can't tell that easily just by looking at them what would look good. Well I think I can easily just stay with the stock wheels but just jazz them up a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Would a zero offset wheel work with the factory spec? The only difference is it's 8'' wide. Been trying to look this up but only found bigger sizes. Just don't want to buy them and have them rub
  2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Sierra you did an awesome job on your wheels.:great:
  3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

The stock wheel has a backspacing of 5" and is 7" wide, so with the 8" and zero offset (4" backspacing) it will push the tires out a bit. What are the tires you have on there now?
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

thanks man!

Alex
  5. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I assume that the 2003 had 16" rims stock. If yes, Tire Rack has a LOT of 16" rims NEW for less than $150 per rim. $150 per rim to refinish the stock rims is a ridiculous price.
  6. justcruisin

justcruisin New Member

No..forgot about the clear coat on them...Too used to my billet specialties wheels. thats what I use on them but no clear coat.
  7. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I have the stock 265/75R/16 tire size on right now