Remote Car Starter in a 2000 Yukon XL

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by rageybug, Sep 1, 2012.

1. rageybug

rageybug New Member

We are going to get a remote car starter for our Yukon but don't know much about them. Any Yukon owners here that have a good/bad experience with car starters? What works well, and what brand should we avoid? We will be getting it professionaly installed and I know I will need a bypass...

Thanks!

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had one installed in my 2003 xl. It worked well. I did need the bypass. Some systems are capable of turning on your rear defrost and heated seats if the temp is below a certain point. Most can be programmed to start automatically every 4 hours if you live in a really cold area. I had a cool start system RS900 VI Remote Start & Keyless Entry System. I was also very happy with the DEI remote starter I had on my 02 silverado. I would steer clear of BullDog remote starters. I know some people that like them but I know more people that had issues with them. As far as price, I have a guy that has been installing alarms and remote starts for 20+ years, he charges me $200-$250 for the install and the parts.