1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Remote Car Starter in a 2000 Yukon XL

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by rageybug, Sep 1, 2012.

1. rageybug

rageybug New Member

We are going to get a remote car starter for our Yukon but don't know much about them. Any Yukon owners here that have a good/bad experience with car starters? What works well, and what brand should we avoid? We will be getting it professionaly installed and I know I will need a bypass...

Thanks!
  2. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had one installed in my 2003 xl. It worked well. I did need the bypass. Some systems are capable of turning on your rear defrost and heated seats if the temp is below a certain point. Most can be programmed to start automatically every 4 hours if you live in a really cold area. I had a cool start system RS900 VI Remote Start & Keyless Entry System. I was also very happy with the DEI remote starter I had on my 02 silverado. I would steer clear of BullDog remote starters. I know some people that like them but I know more people that had issues with them. As far as price, I have a guy that has been installing alarms and remote starts for 20+ years, he charges me $200-$250 for the install and the parts.