1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Remote electric mirror problem

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by littlehugger, Jan 30, 2013.

1. littlehugger

littlehugger New Member

2007 Silverado, my passenger door electric mirror blows the 2 AMP fuse whenever used, no problem with the drivers side mirror. Where do I start troubleshooting this problem? Thanks.
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I haven't been able to find the 2 amp on a wiring diagram. What mirror buttons are you pushing when the fuse blows?
  3. littlehugger

littlehugger New Member

The fuse is in the drivers side end of the dash board, the end panel pulls off. I am operating the mirrors with the factory switches mounted on the door armrest near the window operators.
  4. RayVoy

Sorry, I know that, I was asking, what button causes the fuse to blow?

So, you saying that, after selecting the pass mirror with the switch, operating the mirror positioning buttons blows the fuse?
    What I was trying to figure out, is it the up that blows the fuse, or the down, or one of the side to side. If it blows in just one direction, there may be something wedged into the mirror.
  5. littlehugger

littlehugger New Member

You are correct in thinking that the fuse blows when I use the position buttons, I have not narrowed it down to which position button direction blows fuse. The drivers side mirror works properly so, I was thinking the problem is in the passenger mirror or mirror actuator motor itself. I will try to check for obstructions, thanks for the ideas.
  6. RayVoy

If you find nothing that appears to be obstructing the movement, I would want to try to narrow it down to the mirror. At some point, I might consider removing both interior door panels, removing the passenger mirror and trying it in the drivers door. Just unplug the driver's side mirror and plug the pass into the connector.
  7. littlehugger

littlehugger New Member

Thanks, I'll try that asap.