1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Remote Keyless Entry/Remote Start

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by newport94, Jun 10, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. newport94

newport94 New Member

Hello, I am a new member to the forum. I recently purchased a 2008 Silverado 2500HD crewcab with a 6.6 L Duramax engine. The truck is a WT trim model with power windows and door locks. I purchased the truck with only the keys and no RKE fobs( the dealer refused to offer them). I did manage to obtain the buildsheet for the truck. I found two RPO codes involving keyless entry, the first is 5B5- "SEO-PWR WINDOWS AND MIRRORS-STD KEYLESS DOOR LOCK DELETED" and the second is AU3-"POWER DOOR LOCKS WITH REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY"

My question is whether I can add factory remote keyless entry or do I need to go the aftermarket route for keyless entry and remote start?. Would adding the DIC upgrade offered by GM do anything to help?

Thanks in advance for your help