1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Remote Keyless Entry Transmitter Recall

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by BINGO53, Apr 14, 2007.

1. BINGO53

BINGO53 New Member

I took the 07 NOX (5400m) in because of a leaky spare tire well. I have noticed this in other forums (Edmunds for one)as a common problem on 05-07 models. The dealer "thinks" it was at a taillamp cover, we shall see.
    Has anyone else experienced similar problem?
    However, while there they as a recall item replaced and reprogramed the keyless remote.

Newbie enjoying the forum,
    BINGO53
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

Did they explain what the reason for the recall on the RKE?
  3. BINGO53

BINGO53 New Member

RKE Transmitter Recall

It was late in the evening when I picked up the vehicle. My regular service man was not there and I was more concerned about the water in the spare tire well. I get to go back in a few days to collect on a raincheck for a wash job. I will investigate further and get back to you. I was surprised at the recall as I have not found anything about it through the GM website.

BINGO53
  4. BINGO53

BINGO53 New Member

Hello,
    Just a quick update here. I read in another forum that it is a "possible battery drain" issue. It seems this is not just an isolated problem. When I get the chance to speak with my regular SW I will get back with his input. The other forum is mostly arguing about if it is a Service Update, or a Recall. It was listed as a recall item on my service invoice. I must have a better than average dealer as when I picked my Nox up I got 2 reprogrammed fobs, i.e. I did not have to make a second trip to bring the other one in. This seems to be the main gripe in other forums.

Now onto more important stuff! The water in the spare tire well. I will post that one elsewhere in this forum.

Respectfully,
    BINGO53 :great:
  5. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

That's good to know, thanks for sharing that info.

We have a sub-forum for giving rating your dealers experience, either good or bad. This way our fellow members who live in the same area can avoid the problematic dealers, and do business with the exceptional dealers.

Feel free to share your experience there if you like.:smile: