Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Remote mounting coil pack questions

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by aloxdaddy99, Jul 21, 2012.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I am thinking about moving the coil packs from the valve covers to the firewall or some other location. Why? Just to clean up the look of the engine bay a bit. I have found a relocation bracket available on summit's website. It looks like something I may be able to make on my own though. My question is what might some if any drawbacks of doing this?

2. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

The only thing that comes to mind is the work involved. I like the looks of the modular concept and short plug wires myself but a nice rack of coils and good wire placement could look pretty sweet. One bennifit could be longer coil life by being in a cooler spot.