1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Remote Start kit

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ptdavisjr, Jun 27, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ptdavisjr

ptdavisjr New Member

Thinking of getting a remote start setup for the truck. does anybody have any opinions on the subject? Which brands are good? how hard is the installation?
  2. 97chevz71

97chevz71 New Member 100 Posts

i have heard that the installation is a pain the the old hind ends. you need to run wires to you hood latch brakes something else then wire the whole system. i think i would pay to have it installed. just ny opion i was going to do it myself but got turned off and never got around to getting it done.
  3. budfreak

budfreak New Member

I use to work for bulldog security as a tech and installation is not that hard on our trucks. They even make what is called a T harness that makes wiring it all up a breeze. But even without the harness, wiring it up isn't very hard and could be done in around an hour by a pro. If you buy one and decide to install it yourself, feel free to hit me up if you run into any problems and I'll help out.:great:
  4. thumper8302

thumper8302 New Member

hey quick ? bout that remote start stuff. i have a 1990 suburban with the 350 tbi... now do i have to drop the steering column in order to access that ignition switch? and on the gm 3 t harness.... on the two ends with the blue and black connector.. do those go where the factory harness goes where i originally unplugged it?
  5. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have remote start on my truck and love it! It was a bit more work on the newer GMC and Chev models only due to getting the remote start and computer to see the RPM that both are happy with to get the engine cranked over.

But it s not any more difficult than on any other year or model truck.

You can see the model of Alarm that I have in my Sig.
  6. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member 100 Posts

I just bought a viper for mine. Im installing it this weekend.
  7. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nothing beats Compustar, period!! Have the highest range available. Mine can reach three miles, which means that in a large cement building, mall or otherwise with lots of wiring it wont be hampered at all!! Not to mention they have AWESOME costumer service!! If you have a manual they have systems for that and for diesels.