1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Remote start programing cost?

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by 99 Z71, Nov 7, 2011.

1. 99 Z71

99 Z71 New Member

i was looking into getting the remote start kit 17801236 for my 09 silverado. the truck has the AP8 code and i was wondering how much the dealer would charge to reprogram the computer.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

The Below link....starting on Reply # 12 has all of the Information regarding the Factory Remote Start, as far as what the dealer's charge for the programming of the Remote's Vary,

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/54335-remote-starter/page2?highlight=Factory Remote start
  3. 99 Z71

99 Z71 New Member

thanks for the help
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Your Welcome....if you do move forward with getting the Factory Remote Start, if you could let us know what your local dealer's fee was for programming the Remotes......:glasses:.....just to give those an idea on the Cost.