1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Remote start with factory alarm

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by aboston, Dec 19, 2009.

1. aboston

aboston New Member

I would like to install a remote start system on my 06 GMC Sierra and would also like to use the factory alarm. Anyone know if this can be done? I want to control them both with one remote. I have e-mailed a few manufacturers, but have not yet recieved a reply. Maybe someone here has a similar setup?
  2. aboston

aboston New Member

I should have posted before, what I would like to do is install an OEM remote start, but it doesn't look like that was available until 07. Is there a way to retrofit this to an 06?
  3. Dr Len

Dr Len New Member 100 Posts

Yes it can be done. Go to a good install shop
  4. CJRM112

CJRM112 New Member

yeah its possible i had it on my 99 i just pushed lock 3 times then it started
  5. aboston

aboston New Member

Cool. I assume the doors remained locked? What was the model of the unit, if you remember? I would like to see if it would work with a diesel.
  6. CJRM112

CJRM112 New Member

Yeah they would stay locked man I don't remember. Try googling it. I'll try to find out.
  7. Dr Len

Dr Len New Member 100 Posts

You can use any Remote start. You have to get a channel expander.
  8. aboston

aboston New Member

Thanks. I have googled it, and looked on eBay, and there are alot of options. Prices range from $60 - $600.