remote start

Discussion in 'Chevy Keyless Entry Remotes' started by mrsayes, Nov 5, 2008.

1. mrsayes

mrsayes New Member

hey guys question i know that some of the new chevys come with remote start already installed is it possible to put that on a 06 silverado what i mean is can i get the alarm brain and fob from a new truck and plug and play on mine

2. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

probitably not.....it would be alot easier just to go to a car alarm shop and just have them do it for you or just buy the kit they sell... my mom had a remote start came with the video how to install and everything it wasnt that much but we never installed it

3. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

not sure if you can do that, but can get an aftermarket one that does the same. one of my friends with a 01 has auto start and the windows roll down from the remote.

4. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i want one too.. dont need an alarm though.. just want the start

5. adidasboy918

you can buy just the auto start at Pep Boys, Walmart, Sam's Club, and/ or most parts/ electronic stores

6. adidasboy918

7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Aftermarket would be the cheapest.

8. mrsayes

mrsayes New Member

i def agree with yall bout aftermark being easy and cheap but then you got that whole bulky new fob besides you gotta admit stock looks clean

9. adidasboy918

a stero shop might be able to hook the aftermarket up with your stock controller

10. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

but for alot of $$$$