1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Remote Start?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Kylet45, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Kylet45

Kylet45 New Member

i want to get a remote start for my 98 k1500 chevy pickup but i dont know which brand to go for?
    can someone help me figure it out?
  2. Kylet45

Kylet45 New Member

some i found were:

clifford
    python
    viper
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

No offense but the other three are not so good, they dont have the range or options of COMPUSTAR far and away the best remote starts mine is rated for 1.5 miles and have started my truck from 3 miles before. Mine is also 4 years old the new ones are rated even further.
  4. Kylet45

Kylet45 New Member

i just went and got the cheapest one i could get. it is an AVITAL system. i like it so far but its only been a week well see how it is later like winter time. :great:
  5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i suggest astrostart very reliable
  6. jmckee6

jmckee6 Rockstar

3 miles??? Who needs to start a vehicle that far away? lol! What kinda options can you get on remote start systems?
  7. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah thas true if u start ur truck from 3 miles away by the time u get to the truck wont have gas on the tank lol 500feet is more then enough mine wontstar from 100feet away but its factory but works for me my truck its alway in my garage and my room its close and i just start the truck with the remote on mornings
  8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Nobody needs to start there truck from miles away, but what that does mean is that it has more power to go through cement walls that have electrical wiring in them, such as indoor malls, your office building, etc.