Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Remote Start

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Z71silverado, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Z71silverado

Z71silverado New Member

Does anyone know if GM offered a factory remote start for the 07 Sierra Classic I want to stick with Factory so I know it is done right.

2. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

i can't help you out, Mike, but I'm also interested in the responses you get. I think it would be a pretty good addition to make. I've looked at the Remote Start system a couple of times but never made a move because I was too unsure about it.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think only in the Caddy's that year or the newer body's I know I got it factory in my 08 Avalanche. A good Aftermarket like DEI (Viper) Autopage and a few others as long as they are installed right they will give no problems... and longer range then stock

4. Z71silverado

Z71silverado New Member

I had a new body style 07 silverado but I traded it in for a Old body 07 Sierra because I wasn't happy with the Silverado. I am looking to get the factory one because I like the idea of one that is designed for my vehicle not just wired to work. I also like the factory remotes the aftermarket ones look and feel cheap.. I know I migt be a little picky but I also know what I like. I'm also looking for a iPod control that plugs into the radio because I want to keep the factory radio and the Fm modulators don't work that great

5. redneck70

redneck70 Rockstar

Just got a Viper SmartStart put in my '07 Sierra Classic and it's awesome. It has unlimited range and I totally got rid of my keyfob, I can lock\unlock the doors and start it using my Blackberry.

6. bwhitt86

bwhitt86 Rockstar

As far as qaulity is concerned a stock remote start system is built alot cheaper and more poorly than an aftermarket is as long as you don't buy one from say naps or walmart. Plus your gonna get wayyyyy more range. All of your stock electrical equipment like your radio, speakers, keyless is made very poorly. Even the bose systems are complete crap as far as qaulity is concerned. Plus your gonna be payin hundreds of dollars for a system thats basially plug and play. If you go with a reputable company like viper or compustar its gonna be a whole lot cheaper and is just a better sstem overall. You could get a two way remote which tells you when your cars locked?started or if somebody is breakin into it. I don't know what remote starts you've been looking at but i can tell you they aren't built cheaply. I mean if your stuck on that route go ahead but i can tell you its not gonna be anywhere near as good as a viper. Plus if anything goes wrong on your stock system its a pain to get it fixed and very costly. I you have a viper all their remote start systems are backed by a lifetime warranty on eerything besides the remotes. And if you are talkin about the remotes feeling cheap check out the viper remotes cause i can tell they don't look or feel cheap. Don't take this the wrong way but its never a good idea to go factory when it comes to your factory electrical components. And like i was sayin its alot cheaper and you could get a remote start/keyless/alarm for cheaper than its gonna cost you to upgrade. Just because the dealer charges you an arm and a leg for their parts doesn't mean its worth it. Plus a certified mobile electronics installed is going to be alot more knowledgable and skilled then a mechanic at a dealership. Plus its not going to void your warranty. I see no reason in not goin aftermarket but that's my opinion. I've worked on probly hundreds of gms and can tell you from experience stock electrical equipment is something you should avoid when upgrading.