1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Remote Start

Discussion in 'Ask GM Customer Service' started by Red Z71 Max, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Can a factory remote start be added to a 2011 GMC Sierra SLE? I had an 09 that had it on it. I really loved that feature and miss it on my 11.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

3. Red Z71 Max

Mike, Thanks for the fast response. I'm still not sure what I need. I do have the AP8 service parts code on my 11 GMC Sierra Crew Cab. It has the 6 speed auto with no rear defroster or power sliding window. Do I just need the 2 key fobs part#17801236 or do I also need the part#19171128 or both??? Just a little confused and is this have to go to a dealer for install and programming??
  4. audible

audible Member

I checked my "build sheet" and my truck was prepped for remote start too. That would be great to have on these 20-degree mornings and need to warm the truck up so junior does not freeze.:gasp:
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Having RPO Code "AP8" on the Service Parts List (White Sticker)....then you have the Remote Starter Prep-Package......

As I mentioned in the other Thread......the Programming of the New Remote Start Fobs......Must Be DONE by the Dealer Only.....for this Reason......
    The kit includes two Remote Fobs and an UNLOCK Authorization Security Code that the Tech at the Dealer needs when they call G.M. to do the Programming of the New Fobs.......with that being say, Do Not Buy the Remote Start Fobs off of E-bay......buy them from the Dealer Only.......IIRC the one you are wanting is.....#17801236 ......But double Check with your Dealer, to be sure.

Remote Start
    Upgrade your factory remote key-less entry to a standard Remote Start system, or choose the advanced technology of the 2-Way Advanced Remote Start featuring extended range and enhanced functionality. Both are seamlessly integrated with your Silverado's anti-theft and remote key-less entry systems.

Factory Remote Start - For Use on Vehicles with Extended Range Remote Lock Control (AP8), Includes 2 Fobs

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  6. Red Z71 Max

Thanks again Mike for clearing that up for me!!! I'm pretty sure that is definately going to be done to my truck. My 09 had it and it was great for the hot and cold days!!! Thanks again!!!!
  7. 99'HEARTBEAT

Your Welcome...........:glasses: