Remote starter

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by goinforthetrifacta, May 18, 2009.

1. goinforthetrifacta

goinforthetrifacta New Member

Hi,

I just purchased a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer from a private seller. The vehicle is equipped with a remote starter with 2 remotes. The lady I purchased the vehicle from said that the batteries in the remotes need to be replaced and then it should work fine. Well I replaced the batteries in the remotes & they do not do anything. The light on the remote shows it has power, but none of the buttons work for my vehicle. Do I need to somehow program the remote to my vehicle? If so how would I do this? Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

First need to know the brand it is, if you look up under the dash, should be near the pedals, you should see a black module, this is the box that is set in between the factory harness for the system to talk to the vehicle, this should have all the info on it, model number, blah, blah, blah. Use that info to get a manual for it online, to read about reprogramming the remotes for it.