1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Remote turn on for amp

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by kgibson181, Mar 14, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. kgibson181

kgibson181 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hey guys, what could I tap into for my amp's remote turn on wire? Also when I do tap into something, what size fuse would you recommend to fuse it with, because i know I need to fuse it to be safe but there is tiny amounts of power going through the remote wire so it looks as if I would need to use a tiny fuse.

Thanks any help is appreciated.
  2. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider New Member

Did the same with my amp. Just go to your local auto parts stores and pick up a three prong swith (+ in, ground, + out). Wire it up to your remote wire on your amp, mount it, and your good to go. Did this to my amp a year and a half ago and havent had any problems.
  3. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member 100 Posts

Are you just adding a amp to the factory setup? Or did you replace the deck to?
  4. kgibson181

where did you run the positive in from?
  5. kgibson181

and ZSI52 this is all still with the stock head unit
  6. lancer

lancer New Member 100 Posts

if your useing a factory deck i'd run a wire from the fuse box to a switch to use as the on off switch. just put a fuse inline and you should be fine.
  7. kgibson181

that sounds good. what amperage for the inline fuse would you recommend?
  8. lancer

lancer New Member 100 Posts

i'd go 5-10 i just rand my cd player to my fuse box and i put a 10 amp fuse in it.
  9. kgibson181

ok hopefully that'l all work out. I'm ready to get my subs goin!

Thanks for all the help
  10. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

This is what I did with my system, and I've had zero problems yet. Let us know how it turns out.