Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Remotes for truck stopped working...Remotes ok, batterys good....what controls them

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by lube70, Feb 15, 2013.

1. lube70

lube70 Member

I just realized that the remotes on my 06 silverado stopped working. The batteries are good. remotes are fine. What controls the remote unlock/lock bit on the truck. Most be a receiver and module for this.

Any help appreciated. I also wanted to mention that the remotes worked and then stopped and started again, not dont work at all.

Thanks

Don
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Were you parked in the same place when this happened? My wife's torrent would have issues only in a certain parking lot. My truck worked fine, her car would not lock/unlock or remote start with the key fob. It worked fine everywhere else. There must have been some sort of interference from power lines in the area.