1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Removal of ABS on a 94 Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Marc L, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Marc L

Marc L New Member

I am wanting to get rid of the ABS in my 94 1500.Has anyone done this ? Any help would be great.Thanks
  2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Pull the fuse. The brakes will not operate any differently other than any other vehicle without ABS.
  3. Marc L

Marc L New Member

Thanks. I was thinking getting rid of that small anchor on the drivers side inner fender.Can I use the same master cylinder ?
  4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That I don't know. I don't know that I would be in a hurry to remove the module. You might run into complications. I would guess that you probably will have to replace the master cylinder as well.
  5. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

2nd the full the fuze
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I had a '96 and pulling the fuse solved the problems I had. Leave the module, removing it is not worth the work, or the time.
  7. Marc L

Marc L New Member

So I will be pulling the fuse for now..Thanks