1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Remove Carpet?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by darkness-lies-, Jan 26, 2012.

1. darkness-lies-

darkness-lies- New Member 100 Posts

I was thinking < watch out> Removing the carpet and replacing with roll on or spray on bed liner give i can reroute some wires.

Whats y'alls thoughts?
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I guess this would be more of a preference thing or how you use your truck. For us, my wife and I love to spend time the truck and the carpet is nice, especially for those longer trips when the shoes start to come off (or in flip flops). In fact, I take out my rubber floor mats and put in carpet ones when we do take those longer rides, as it adds even more comfort. In addition to the comfort, the carpet/pad does a great job in helping to keep the road noise down and put some distance between vibration/bumps and your feet.

What are some of the reasons you are thinking as to why you're considering this?
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  3. darkness-lies-

Well i think ill like the look and durability. as far as road noise it shouldn't make to much of a difference also it doesn't stain and easy to clean.
    I dont know just seemed like a good thought. So any opinions you have are very welcome.
  4. zigger215

zigger215 New Member 100 Posts

It will make a difference with road noise. The is sound deadening padding under the carpet that if removed and not put back in will cause you to "hear" the road EXTREMELY well......
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Pointless without a drain plug so you can hose it down. Try cleaning your spray-in or roll-on bedliner with a rag and you'll find out just what an insane idea that is. Mine hoses down fine and a scrub brush works well, too, but using soft material like rags for wipe-down is a non-starter. The noise issue is a very real one, too.
  6. darkness-lies-

Guess not as good of a thought as i thought lol Thanks!! Really save me from a mistake here.
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Never hurts to ask; in fact, it's questions like these that help others who don't ask but are thinking about it. You wouldn't believe how many threads that have come across in which someone did something and then was trying to undo it.
  8. zigger215

zigger215 New Member 100 Posts

I've been that guy before!! Haha
  9. darkness-lies-

i rather ask and look stupid than not ask and mess up my truck
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Smart people ask questions when they don't know something. Stupid ones don't. Thus, you don't look stupid for asking questions...