Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

remove driver side seat base - 2003 Suburban

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by NeilE, May 15, 2010.

1. NeilE

NeilE New Member

I purchased a new seat cover for the worn drivers side seat base. It looks pretty straight forward to remove the seat base - remove 2 nuts at the front edge and slide the seat base forward. The seat back has a side air bag. Is there any risk of setting off the air bag? There are two elctrical connectors under the seat that are attached to the seat base - a light blue one and a second (gray?) connector.

thanks for any help you can provide.

Neil
  2. NeilE

NeilE New Member

removing driver seat

I found the answer at the vendor site - www.theseatshop.com. There is a very detailed video there that explains how to remove the seat and replace the leather. The new driver seat bottom is an exact match with the original. Nice product.

Neil
  3. NeilE

NeilE New Member

It has been awhile since I installed the new leather cover for seat base. As mentioned, I purchased the new cover from the Seat Shop (on ebay). I have no affiliation to the company, but my one shopping experience was very positive. Here are a couple before and after shots of the new seat cover. The installation was pretty straight forward with video instructions supplied by the Seat Shop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010