Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Remove factory flares?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Jimzu, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Jimzu

Jimzu New Member

The front driver's side fender flare has a gap between it and the fender. The guy I bought if from used weather strip adhesive (or some such) trying to cement it to the fender. DIDN'T work! Now I've go the gap with this yellow crud in and around the gap.

I thought that I'd take it off, clean it and reinstall with the 2-sided tape that is required to do it right. I got my phillips-head ready to unscrew the "screws" that attach it to the fender inside the well - Wrong! They are NOT screws or bolts. I can't tell how they work unless they are Popped in. I hate to tear something up only to find out that there is an easy way to do it.

Real-life experience with R&R fender factory flares would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys..........

2. Jimzu

Jimzu New Member

Too late boys, I figured it out by doing it. There are "push-ins" just under the fender. I popped 'em out and broke one off. To PeP Boys for the Molding tape and new push-ins and good as new!
    YeeeeeHaaaaa!