1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Removed my BUL BAR today.. What do you think with it off?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I finally removed my bull bar today and plan on selling it sometime soon. I don't need the bull bar plus they want help out much if something hits the front end anyway. I plan on getting new front and rear bumper sometime next year or by end of this year just depends and would like the one with built in bull bar or the built in winch. I think it looks much cleaner in the front end now and now i gotta get my tow hooks back on and install the license plate frame so i can mount a plate on it. What do you guy's think about it? Does it look better off the truck?
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

DSCN0233.jpg Here is the pic.
  3. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

sorry.....I think your front-end looked great with the Bully-Bar.....just my opinion though.....my 2WD crew has the Bowtie Logo
    andplastic chrome grille ( which I like ) and unfortunately would have the grille hidden too much if I installed a Bully-Bar.

BUT, basically, if you like it, that's all that really matters :glasses: !!!!!! Brian in Canada
  4. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah man looks better to me and tryin to sell it now. I just want my tow hooks and license plate back on and will mount lights behind grille and along with a emblem.
  5. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

do you have chrome or black tow hooks ....I want chrome, but wonder what they look like up front /??..thnaks Brian
  6. Rockstarrchevy81

I have black tow hooks but am trying for a murdered out look so i'm not gonna change over to the chrome ones. I am going to sand the tow hooks i have down tomorrow and paint and clear coat them for a gloss black and install them sometime late in the afternoon most likely. I also gotta install the license plate frame back on too. This is the license plate i'm getting for the front: RBP-121.jpg
  7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I kinda like it on.
  8. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i liked it too but will eventually get new bumpers so want need it. The license plate in picture above i already ordered should be here sometime this week and be on the truck. I'm also gonna get billetbadges to make me a rbp emblem to go on the grille in the next month or so that way it will look just like the rbp grille. I was also thinking about a black chevy bowtie to put on the front but idk about that might look too plain though. I havent found anyone to sell the bull bar yet so if anything i'll have it and can put it back on anytime i want.
  9. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I'd buy it but I doubt it'd fit my 99 GMC and would look good
  10. Rockstarrchevy81

I belive it will fit on your truck just a license plate man. The plate i bought it for $54 off rbp it's nice though. It's not plastic it's aluminum or metal and it powdercoated gloss black and has metal chrome rivets with real chrome mesh and real chrome star. I think it's worth it i had a cotton tag i paid $30 for.