1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Removed my BUL BAR today.. What do you think with it off?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Jan 30, 2012.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

How much do you want for that bull bar Rockstarr?

I was thinking about getting a black one for mine but I was kind of afraid of what'd it would look like!

Also, if you painted the chrome piece on the front It would look waaaayy cool.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I paid $180 for it with shipping not even but about 6 months ago. It is a Smittybilt gloss black bull bar and also has where you can mount fog lights too. The only reason i'm getting rid of it is because i want to install my tow hooks back on and my license plate frame. Yeah i want to get the front and rear bumper pained to match my truck along with my tow mirrors but will be a lil while. i was gonna ask $115 plus shipping but whatever you wanna do man is cool. The bull bar was on sale when i got it so either way your getting a deal. I took the bull bar off today and have it in the shop until someone purchases it.
  3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That cleaned the front end up nicely. It makes the new grill stand out.
  4. Rockstarrchevy81

Thanks man. Yeah the smoked recon's should look good towards the front end too in the next week or so whenever i get tax's back lol! How do you like your truck with a 6.2 liter that's a beast i bet it can get down on a vortec max?
  5. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel Rockstar 100 Posts

I kinda like the look with out the bull bar, especially with that grille in there! Lookin good
  6. Rockstarrchevy81

Thanks man hopefully will get the tow hooks and license plate frame on tomorrow and should look better too.

7. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Idk bro, someone here in town has nearly that same setup w the grille and headlights.. im particularly not a fan of it cause it makes the front end look empty like its been wrecked or something. will look better with a replacement bumper and some KC lights if you ask me, but to each their own bud! as long as you like it thats all that matters! (nobody really likes that i want to lower my 'rado but piss on em! LOL)
  8. Rockstarrchevy81

haha i hear ya man. Idk guy's in town they try to copy what i do to my truck and i don't like people having the same stuff as me so i switch it up sometimes. I swear a week after i got rockstar's 3 other trucks had them on there. Then after i lifted my truck the truck that had same rims lifted there truck like mine to lol and then after bull bar got one too. I still have allot fo things they don't but still. I got the machined black rockstars and havent seen anyone anywhere with them so far! I'm gonna either put a black bowtie on the grille and color match the grille and or get a custom emblem to go in the grille too. The lights i'm gonna get some halo projector fog lights and mount behind the grille so should look pretty sick hopefully!
  9. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

haha, yea i hear that. copycats suck. to the best of my knowledge i was the first one in my town to put HID's on, put dimmable led stips under the seats and dash.. now its hard to find a 'rado without it here. we'll see how many people start dropping their trucks once i do it.. but most people around here dont have the knowledge to add forced induction and tune, so i cant wait to see em try that! lol
  10. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i hear that. If you want custom made badges or emblems billet badges will do it but they are kinda pricey but not too bad. That's who i'm gonna get to make my rbp emblem for my grille i was thinking about getting it in gloss black powdercoated but chrome might look good too. Idk though maybe i could buy one off of someone since they dont sell them separate anymore at rbp since people make fake one's lol. I see there point but damn more money and more reputation i would think t- rex sells there emblems and stuff so idk.