1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Removed my BUL BAR today.. What do you think with it off?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Jan 30, 2012.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

lol.. i was actually thinking of stripping it of badges with the exception of the front bowtie. I was thinkin of getting some letters made that look mostly stock to put along the bottom of the tailgate saying "TRUCK NORRIS" but i dunno hahahahaha
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah i already debadged my whole truck except my black bowtie on tailgate. I might buy the rbp badge for my grille for $90 which is crazy and a emblem for center of grille
  3. Rockstarrchevy81

DSCN0244.jpg DSCN0245.jpg DSCN0246.jpg I took some pic's today after i cleaned the front end up look's much better now. The tow hooks i plan on installing sometime this week though.
  4. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Having once had a bull bar and removed it for a cleaner look, I'm a fan. But the grille is just too "see-through" for me. It looks good from a distance, but I can't stand how you can see the engine compartment. I think that you should make painting your bumper a priority as well. It would really tie it all together.
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah as far as the grille the pic's make it seem like it shows that much of the engine compartment but really doesn't. The bumper i do plan to get painted along with tow mirrors. The fog lights i plan on getting are halo projector and plan to mount them behind the grille and also have a emblem and badge for the grille so you really want even see any of engine compartment that's all it really needs.
  6. Rockstarrchevy81

Well i think i changed my mind about selling the bull bar. I saw on the bull bar where the skid plate is screws to take it off so i decided to take it off. This will let me have the bull bar on and also have the license plate on the front. The small brackets on each side that the skid plate was held on by on the bottom were welded so i got a hammer and they came off pretty easy. Only thing is they left a tint hole which is really small and i'm gonna grind the weld's off the brackets and fix the holes with jd weld that way i want have to do any painting. The license plate frame i'll have to buy a new one since the small rivets holding it on i had to cut whenever i took it off awhile back. I'll keep everyone updated tomorrow.
  7. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Think your truck would look great if you had a Road Armor style bumper
  8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was bout to reply you need some lights behind the grill. I like it without it. Ever thing bout color matching that chrome? At least till you get your bumper you could plastidip it for 4 bucks